Friday, September 30, 2011

The Boy-Who-Wanted-to-be-KNOWN

I have always claimed that my blog contains everything imaginative (except for my personal story -The Connection, which was well read and appreciated, thank you!). But I faced a lot of flak over the authenticity of my other posts and its resemblance to people’s real lives. I don’t know why they would think that MY world (and my blog) would revolve around them (sigh)! But neither am I denying that Art Imitates Life. So if you think my blog mentions you, sleep well thinking that you are going to be famous, (as it is not even a month old and already has 2000 reads and counting) and stop bickering!
So this was about the people who don’t want to figure on my blog (But you never did, anyway!). But then, I have a friend, who is as weird ass as I am. And he comes with this sincere request- “Can you post about me?” How could I decline! Someone, even if from a different planet altogether, thought that my blog, my HUMBLE, stupid blog was a place where he could be written about, I was going to oblige, open heartedly. Moreover, it would be very useful to shut the gossip-mongers.
Oh, what should I say about him! I am sure when he meant that I should write good things about him, but did he say that explicitly? NO! So, I am going to write nasty, yet endearing things about him. You can either love him or you can really, really HATE him, there is no middle-ground. He is loud. LOUDER than my blog; louder than pandemonium of a 1000 drum rolls; even louder than Kareena’s lipstick in Chameli (I paused for about a min or 2, imagining Kareena’s lips and more :-P). But the best part about him is that he is unapologetic about it! Tell him he is loud, he will show you that he can take it to the next level; tell him that he is crass and he will display such behavior that you will forget all the sophistication. He is a simple man-happy and always smiling, and laughing. At first when I met him, I gave him the most disdained and disgusted look that I could manage with my facial muscles. This is what normally people feel-electrocuted! But then you get used to it and stoop down to his level of mediocrity.
People always claim to be honest, kind, peaceful and content. He has no such pretense. His assurance about being “jealous of you even if you are my best friend”, ”I am not going to tip the waiter, isn’t that his job?”, ”Listen, it’s just white lies (even though the lies are so blatantly colored that even he forgets the truth)!”, ”Why should we spend 200 for that movie, if we can watch this for 60?”, ”I should get half a mark more for this answer!”. You must be thinking what a whacko he is! But then it is in such peculiarities, I find a person who is honest (at least to me), generous and vaguely content.
There are people who live ordinary lives- they go to cool restaurants; they wear branded clothes; they dance to house music; they brag about how expensive they are. But then there is he-he goes to restaurant where you get Chinese Thali; he wears branded clothes (I think if I write otherwise, his girlfriend will ditch him :-P); he goes to a club and does garba; he brags about how cheap he is!
There are people who are not even worth writing a sentence about, but such a b*****d he is that I can’t stop writing. He is a friend to behold; he is the Boy-Who-Wanted-to-be-KNOWN.
(Readers please note that you can click on the +1 google button to like it, or share with your friends. I am just trying to publicize (I know it’s cheap) because it is an assurance of some sort.)

17 comments:

  1. I miss travelling with him now!!God,the good old days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gr8..esp i like the intro part..w8ing for ur nxt one..sameer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to know this person WHO WANTS TO BE KNOWN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome dude..!! i read the other ones too... how do u manage to write so frequently.. really good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @The Sports Slayer- Thanks a lot...the blog is a quest in itself. To write every single day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes...i remember d garba in d club scene...:P

    Rohit...ur posts r awesummm...i knww my first comment...:P..bt yes i love 2 read dem...:)
    Rutu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i m speechless......thank you is a small word for this....can i say this "Fame is like a flower, its fragence attracts greedy people".....bt i still like IT !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew hu dis was abt before i started to read it...Good work Rohit...Panchaiti Budhia must be happy now.

    Somdutta.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i also knw this person he asked me to read it..heheheh..mast hain ek dum...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i thought i knew dis person... but thanks 4 lettin me know more abt him...he is jus crazy ass on dis earth....@dinesh's sis

    ReplyDelete
  11. i liked reading this one...din know much about the Boy Who Wanted To Be known...but now i am happy..i am going to have fun working with him...:) ..Harsha

    ReplyDelete
  12. ro i just read it and i knew who it was my second brother ofcourse..many more blogs to go brother and i am here to help publicize ur blogs :D--Rinkoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWESUM job rohit....i really like reading ur writing....:):) good goin boss.....:):)
    -Tanvi

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh gosh what footage!!Kareena Kapoor se jyaada famous ho gaya hai humara 'Boy who wants to be known!' :D I'm sure thats what he wants and i'm glad ppl like giving it to him..that shows how much we love him and it also says something abt ur writing Rot..good going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've read the post really late, wanted to read the stuff you write but didn't get time finally read it and praises for you Rohit, i have really liked your writing style

    PS- I know this boy since childhood, but kudos to you couldn't have explained him any better........

    ReplyDelete
  16. great piece :) i know this boy and he is a gem :):)

    ReplyDelete