Friday, September 9, 2011

What Sells?

I was wondering all day today (thanks to the unexpected response and I hope increases even more!) what should I do that could grab eyeballs. Had I belonged to the fairer sex (and more importantly had I been endowed graciously), it would have been a cakewalk. Had I been a charismatic marketing genius, I could have probably plagiarized something, could have made it look like mine and it would have sold like hot cakes. But the question still remained-WHAT SELLS?
Well, Neha Dhupia said “Sex and SRK”. I say “Sex, SRK and Sensationalism”. SRK might not be apt considering that he looks like an old hag these days and yet dons a spandex costume for his upcoming film.  Something still tells me that he will be around for a couple of more years thanks to his chocolate hero days.
Sex is for everyone. And yes, I do mean it. It was a thing of past to talk in hushed tones about sex. Now it is in vogue. If you are hot, if you are on top (Pun intended) then you propel yourself harder and climax with a greater success (pun intended). You see a deodorant add with has nothing to do with the fragrance but has everything to do with Sex Quotient. Everyone wants to be sexy these days. The ugliest chick and the dumbest guy too aspires to be someone’s object of lust (affection is 19th century.)
Sensationalism is Rakhi Sawant, Sambhavana Seth, Dolly Bhindra, Mika Singh all rolled into one. They talk nonsense and do something that a normal person would shy away from doing in the confines of his living room. People love to watch others making fools out of themselves. And people deserve it-after a long day’s work you like to come home to Rakhi Sawant yelling someone to look into her eyes and not at her plunging neck line. Cleverly, Rakhi got the entire nation to look at everything except her eyes.
I hope that I will put all the 3 ingredients and dish out every post with the same jest. Good night for now. Had a very little time to write this. The challenge to write everyday is Challenging. But keep reading and be safe (yet again, pun intended :-P).

2 comments:

  1. i think both sex n srk can be said to be a subset of sensationalism, in their own different ways... wat say? nice puns again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Guncha-I agree...thanks for the appreciation

    ReplyDelete