Sunday, November 13, 2011

No Inhibitions!!!

For the past few days, I have been wondering about how we really live out our lives-in fear mostly. On the first day of pre-school, I was worried about leaving my mum’s hand. During my the first chance I got at public oration, I was scared about the 1000 or so pair of eyes ogling at me and the ears listening intently to what I had to say. When I grew up, the fear to succeed engulfed me; the fear of not living up to the expectations of others. Even with friends, I was always worried (read concerned) about their feelings towards me. And this is how, I turned 21. Yes, just like that. All the time gone! WOOOSH… Oh hold on, I am sure you’ve had your fears too, right? Show me one mai ka laal (son of a mother, an odd Indian expression) who has led on an intrepid life. And even when I have entered adulthood have fears disappeared-NO, they haven’t! They have just transformed from one into another.
As working people, you are constantly on the watch of what you say-as a small snide remark that you make (even at a party) might set the course of your career. If you see the larger picture, one is alarmed at the choice one makes even when joining the career track. Whether is it the large choice? Whether you will get what you had set on to achieve? Too many questions…
So I have decided to leave intrepidly, fiercely and more importantly uninhibitedly. The challenge is tough, but then for the next whole week I will post about how I fared in my life saying what is on my mind and doing what my instincts tell me to.
For instance, a senior at work had an emergency at home and when he returned back (happy), no one extended a polite greeting-“I hope all is well!” Did I want to? YES! Did I? No. Why? I wanted to fit in. But fit into what-a world of conundrum and abeyance where people are droids who are divested off emotions! I was chagrined at the mere thought-and this is what has compelled me to do this for a week. (The time for writing something out of my experiences has come) I will do what I feel (of course, in the realm of propriety) and I will urge you all to do so. Let’s all experiment. What could be the worst thing that could happen? People would be intimidated by your fearlessness. Who knows, you might inspire some people along the way.
So, here’s the deal. Say what you believe in and do what you have always wanted to do- you want to bunk college for nothing-DO IT; you want to tell your school bully how much you detest being bullied-DO IT;  you want to tell your colleague to stop taking credit for your work- DO IT; you want to tell your friend how much you have loved them-DO IT; you want to change your career and want to be a ‘ROCKSTAR’-DO IT;  you want to propose to a guy or a girl-DO IT; you want to tell your husband how you really feel about them-DO IT; you want to tell your wife how you really feel about her-DON’T DO IT (well, some things are inexplicable)
You will feel liberated. Trust me! And you owe it to yourself to do this much at least. I mean you will DIE one day (yes, no euphemism) and then you will look back on your life, and you know what you will have-regret. Remorse -of living cautiously; of not taking risks; of a calculated life; of a conventional role; of not LIVING!
So to avoid the travesty of ‘not living’-let this be a week of being bold, a week of NO INHIBITIONS! Life is too short.

Please share this with your friends on Facebook by clicking on FB icon below. And don’t forget to leave your comments on how you plan to be uninhibited or if you have done so in the past!


8 comments:

  1. seriously! rarely we execute what we dream and wanna do.. just enter rat race of this world..

    ReplyDelete
  2. never done this before...ut, would like to experience it along with u!!! lets DO IT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So go ahead and do what you want...who has stopped you? Its difficult I know...but then its your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice way to begin the week...Of doing things you want to do....

    ReplyDelete
  5. personally im glad dat u took d step of ni inhibitions my writin a blog astoundingly inspiring........harmin

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks all..but I want feedback from all of you about something that you did without inhibtions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dunno if i ll be able to folow it...but I will try

    ReplyDelete